Back to Disorder Library
Your body will always try to maintain a blood pH balance of 7.365. Too much or too little pH can cause low energy, fatigue, excess weight, poor digestion, or a multitude of other more serious ailments.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- It is important to maintain proper pH, sulfur acts as a buffer as well as phosphorus in accomplishing this. Sulfur is available in supplement such as capsules, etc.
- Umeboshi plums fro Japan are beneficial in reducing acidity due to alkaline minerals it contains. Eat four plums daily, spread them throughout the day, for three days. After the third day eat one each day as desired.
- As a result of poor digestion heartburn and indigestion can occur. For heartburn use 1-2 teaspoons of natural cider vi
- Exercise deep breathing.
- Half of your diet needs to be raw foods. Raw vegetables and citrus fruits lowers acidosis. Foods that fit this description are all vegetables, bananas, blackberries, apples, grapefruit, grapes, pears, lemons, strawberries, pineapples, bilberries and avocados. you need to beginning with smaller amounts of fruit and increase slowly to larger amounts.
- Keep from overindulging slow down and chew your food. Let the food mix with your saliva to create a liquid texture before swallowing. Drink fluid before or after meals not during the meal.
- Lower dosage of Vitamin C; it can cause acidosis. Take a non acid Vitamin C formula.
- Restrict from foods that can not oxidize such as cranberries, plums and prunes. Other foods to restrict from that cause acid is cereal, crackers, eggs, flour products, beans, oily food, grains, sugar and macaroni.
- Routinely perform a PH test daily on your urine with PH paper.
- Stay away from beef and pork and other animal protein because it will cause acid.
- When cooking keep your workspace clean. Also, separate your meats and vegetables because of bacteria. Your vegetables will lose there nutritional value and flavor if cooked to long. Do not eat processed food often only in moderation. The body will have more acid when you eat processed and cooked foods. Do not eat late at night your body will not have time for restoration and your digestion will work harder.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
No Nutrients Listed.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Elder Bark, Hops, & Willow
Combination of these three herbs together will reduce the stress that is a contributing factor of acidosis.
Beneficial as a compress for the kidney area.