Back to Disorder Library
Corns and Calluses
Areas of thick skin that occur due to rubbing or excessive pressure over a bony prominence.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- Be careful using medicated pads that are specially formulated to treat corns and calluses. They can be potent and may harm good tissue as well. This could trigger an allergic reaction.
- Compresses using hot Epsom salts or Footherapy solution from Para Laboratories/Queen Helene may help.
- If the problem does not go away, your physician may order an x-ray to ensure that there is not a bone spur present.
- If your doctor has diagnosed you as having diabetes, follow up with either your doctor or a podiatrist. Since poor circulation can be a byproduct of diabetes, this can also affect the feet. Also alert your physician if the area develops an infection.
- Do not cut the corn away with a knife or sharp object.
- Make sure your shoes fit properly.
- Soak your corn in a mixture of mild soap (2 tablespoons) to 1/2 gallon of water for 15 minutes. Dry with a towel and apply 2 drops of Vitamin E to the corn. Then, take a callus file and file the top layer of the corn. Afterwards, clean the corn with water and mild soap wrap with a gauze pad and add moisturizer to the corn area. Perform this 2 times a day.
- Stay away from sugar, caffeine, fried foods, and meats.
- To balance the acidity in your system drink juices and eat raw vegetables for 3 days.
- To ease the pressure of the corn you may use a non-medicated corn pad and apply vitamin E to the corn.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
No Nutrients Listed.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Goldenseal Extract and Tea Tree Oil
Use alcohol-free goldenseal extract and then switch to Tea Tree Oil to stop the spread of infection and help the healing process to begin.