Back to Disorder Library
This also includes blurred vision and irritated eyes. It is caused by looking at a screen for long periods without focusing periodically at distance objects.
No Considerations Listed.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Protect your eyes against strain. Focus your eyes away from your work every once in a while in order to avoid strain.
- See a doctor if you experience sudden pain or disturbance in vision as a more serious condition may be present.
- Take ten minutes to lie down, close your eyes, and relax with a cold compress on your eyes. Compress can be made of wet tea bags, cold cucumbers, or a washcloth soaked in ice water.
- Those who work on computers should look away from the screen for a few minutes every hour and focus on something else. Make sure your screen is free from glare.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
Promotes good eye health.
Vitamin B complex
Enhances metabolism of cells within the eyeball.
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
Relieves eye fatigue.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Eyebright and/or Goldenseal
Rinsing the eyes with Eyebright tea has been useful in relieving eyestrain. To make the tea: Pour 1 pint of boiling water onto 1 teaspoon of the dried herb. Cover and leave to infuse for 1/2 hour, then strain. Soak a towel in the tea and while lying down place the towel over closed eyes. Leave the compress on for 10 to 20 minutes. Repeat as needed. Eyebright capsule is helpful in treating conjunctivitis (inflammation of the protective membrane of the eyes). Goldenseal can be used in place of Eyebright.
Goldenseal is not to be used if you are pregnant. Goldenseal should not be taken for more than one week at a time. If you have the following conditions: history of heart disease, diabetes or glaucoma consult your physical before using the herb Goldenseal.