Back to Disorder Library
When too much thyroid hormone is produced, hyperthyroidism occurs. When this condition is present, the body has a fast metabolism. Nervousness, irritability, insomnia, frequent bowel movements, etc. may accompany hyperthyroidism. Growths on the thyroid may be a cause of hyperthyroidism.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- Diet is very important because digestion increases with this order.
- Goiters can effect swallowing and breathing if this occurs you will need to have it removed.
- The thyroid controls the pituitary, parathyroid glands, and sex glands if you have an issue in one area it could affect them all.
- Thyroid conditions might be mistaken for menopause.
- Avoid treatments with radioactive sodium iodine (iodine 131 or I-131) and surgery until you have tried to change this condition through diet.
- Take a 3 month break from dairy products. Stay away from coffee, nicotine, stimulants, and soft drinks.
- To curb the production of the thyroid hormone, the following foods can be helpful: Brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, mustard greens, pears, rutabagas, spinach, soybeans, peaches, and turnips.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
Multivitamin and mineral complex
High doses of vitamins and minerals are necessary for this disorder. Super-high-potency formula is recommended.
Vitamin B complex
Beneficial for healthy thyroid function. Injections under a physician's care are available.
Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
Helps with formation of blood. Improves energy levels.
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
Promotes healthy functioning of cells, glands, and organs.
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
Boosts enzymes. Promotes healthy immune system. Enhances production of antibodies.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
No Herbs Listed.