Back to Disorder Library
Bites from mosquitoes, spiders, gnats, ants, bees, scorpions, and other insects.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- DEET is most effective against ticks, mosquitoes, and chiggers. Caution: DEET can be toxic use with care.
- Old remedy still works of placing mud on the sting ease the pain and swelling.
- Alcohol will attract mosquitoes and horseflies.
- Do not walk outside barefoot.
- Do not wear or use hair spray, sun tan lotion, scented soaps, or perfume. You clothing should be fitted and light colors.
- for an antioxidant use a cut onion on the bite.
- For ocean anemone and jelly fish stings you need to remove the creature with gloves or a cloth and wash the area the sea water and apply rubbing alcohol and vinegar to the affective area. For coral injuries see a doctor for medical attention because coral can be dangerous.
- If you have been bitten by a black widow or brown recluse spider see a doctor immediately.
- If you have itching apply calamine lotion.
- Mosquitoes are not attracted by b vitamins or thiamine. The best foods to eat with B Vitamins are blackstrap molasses, brown rice, fish and wheat germ. Do not eat sugar products this will attract mosquitoes.
- Tick Bites you need to remove the tick as soon as possible to decrease the chance of disease.
- Use soap and water to clean the affective area when bitten by ants or mosquitoes. Chigger bites you need to use soap, water and a brush to scrub the affected area.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
Bioflavonoid. Decreases reactions from allergies.
Anti-inflammatory. Combats toxins from insect bites. Buffered vitamin C or calcium ascorbate is recommended for children.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
In addition to calendula ointment, other types of hers that will assist in lessening pain, itching, etc. are cedar, eucalyptus, and/or tea tree oils. They are readily available in oil, spray, & lotions.
Citronella candles placed strategically around your yard will chase off the hungry mosquitoes.
Goldenseal & Tea Tree Oil
What better way to rid insects than using nature's own insect repellents such as goldenseal or tea tree oil. They are also good to relieve pain and itching.
Lobelia & Charcoal Tablets
Mixing lobelia and charcoal together (both can be obtained from your local health food store) can be used as a poultice which can remove discomfort caused from the insect bites.
Pennyroyal Oil should only be used externally or as an aromatica. The smell tends to send insects to search for a better meal.
Do not use internally. Be very careful with this herb as it can be poisonous.