Back to Disorder Library
Yellowing of the skin and eyes that is caused by too much bilirubin in the blood.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- For a diagnosis a blood test, liver biopsy or an ultrasound of the liver is performed.
- This is caused by a gallstone or tumor.
- Consume a strict diet of raw fruits and vegetables for one week. The next four weeks, continue a strict diet with 75 percent or your diet being raw foods. Lemon enemas are recommended for daily use.
- Coriander and turmeric promote a healthy liver and should be incorporated into your cooking.
- Refrain from alcohol completely.
- The following juices help to repair and purify the liver: black radish extract, dandelion, lemon juice and water, and beet and beet greens.
- To avoid parasites, bacteria, and viruses, always cook meat, fish, and poultry thoroughly.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
Burdock root or Red clover
Purifies the blood.
Promotes healthy liver function.
Provides silymarin, which helps in tissue reconstruction.
L-Glutathione and L-methionine
Prevents damage to the liver.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Burdock Root and Red Clover
These two herbs are known as blood purifiers and are beneficial in cleansing the blood.
Celandine, Chaparral, and Dandelion
These three herbs made into tea are used as blood purifiers and have a stimulating and cleansing effect on the liver.
Silymarin (milk thistle extract)
Silymarin is a bioflavonoid complex contained in the herb milk thistle. Silymarin is a antioxidant that regenerates injured liver cells. Liv-R-Actin from Nature's Plus contains Silymarin.