Back to Disorder Library
There are two types of meningitis - viral and bacterial. Viral meningitis usually passes within two weeks. Sore throat, headache, stiff neck, fever, vomiting, fatigue, and rash may be indicators of viral meningitis. Bacterial meningitis requires a physician's care immediately as it develops quickly. Symptoms include the following: headache, stiff neck, high fever, irritability, chills, vomiting, nausea, light sensitivity, and delirium. Infants, especially, should be taken to a doctor immediately if any of the following symptoms are present: poor muscle tone, fever, difficulty feeding, irritability, vomiting, high-pitched crying, and bulging soft spot.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- If you have been in contact with someone with bacterial meningitis an antibiotic is prescribed.
- Meningitis that is caused by fungal infection should be treated with an antifungal drug.
- The only Meningitis that can be treated with an antibiotic is Bacterial meningitis.
- To test for Meningitis you need a culture and microscopic analysis of the cerebrospinal fluid.
- Viral Meningitis takes 3 weeks to recover under a doctors care given no problems.
- You should always see treatment for strep throat and ear infections - bacterial infections.
- Do not take aspirin.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Eat a balanced diet. When the acute phase has passed.
- Need cool sponge baths.
- See a doctor if you think you may have meningitis.
- The room's lighting should be dimmed.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
No Nutrients Listed.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Catnip Tea Enemas
To break fevers.
Enhances the immune system.
Do not use if pregnant, allergic to ragweed or internally for more than a week.
Kills viral infection.
St. John's Wort
Good for infection (viral)