Back to Disorder Library
Nosebleeds can be caused by a number of different things: dry air, insertion of objects into nasal passage, atmospheric pressure, a blow to the nose, or blowing the nose too hard. On rare occasions, bloody noses may indicate a more serious condition.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- Alcoholics are more common to have nosebleeds; due to alcohol can create difficulties with blood clotting.
- Hodgkin's disease, rheumatic fever, vitamin C deficiency, and hemophilia have a higher risk for more serious nosebleeds.
- Keep blood pressure under control with a low fat low cholesterol diet.
- Nosebleeds can be caused from anticoagulants warfarin or heparin. Sometimes aspirin can perform as an anticoagulant.
- Oral contraceptives and high estrogen levels can raise the flow of blood to the mucous membranes in the nose to cause nosebleeds.
- Use white vinegar with cotton or gauze to help stop the bleeding.
- Your doctor might suggest surgical or chemical treatments for recurring nosebleeds.
- Apply vitamin E to the affected tissues.
- Do not have tea, fruits, coffee, bell peppers, apples, peaches, plums, pickles, tomatoes, raisins, tangelos, and grapes.
- For frequent nose bleeds contact your doctor.
- Keep the nasal passages moist.
- Open your mouth when you sneeze.
- Place cotton or gauze in the top part of the upper lip to stop the bleeding.
- Posterior nose bleeding see a doctor.
- To control and stop a nose bleed sit up in a chair and lean forward. For 10minutes close together the soft part of the nose. Take a bag of ice or cold wash cloths to your nose, neck, and cheeks. Lie back until the bleeding stops.
- Try iron supplements if you have nose bleeds.
- Wait 12 hrs after a nose bleed to blow your nose.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
No Nutrients Listed.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Aloe Vera Gel, calendula ointment, or comfrey ointment
Use on nasal membranes for dryness