Back to Disorder Library
Copperheads, coral snakes, cotton mouths, and rattlesnakes are the four poisonous snakes found in the United States. Snakebites from any of these may cause a variety of problems, depending upon the species of the snake. It is wise to see a doctor after any snake bite, whether or not you think the snake is poisonous.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- A snakebite kit is a great idea if you spend a lot of time outdoors.
- Antibiotics are prescribed for non poisonous snake bites.
- Call the emergency room ahead of time to let them know of the injury before you arrive.
- Children and elderly people are at higher risk if bitten for it to be life threatening.
- More snakebite cases have been reported at sunrise and sunset.
- Bring the dead snake if possible.
- Go to the Emergency Room. Keep still and keep warm if injury is below the heart. Take off any watches, rings, and other items that might be restricted due to swelling. Keep a close watch on the victim in case the person goes into shock or stops breathing. If shock occurs lie the person down and raise their feet 12 inches above their head and cover them with a blanket.
- Never use a cold pack.
- Splint affected are to keep the poison from traveling faster through muscle contractions.
- Use a snake bite kit if it happened less than 5 minutes Do NOT cut on the neck, trunk, or head.
- Wear leather boots and long pants when hiking through tall grass or wooded trails. Carry a stick or another object to hit ground in front of you, if in a march watch for water moccasins, and never step on a log roll it over first. Always stay 6 feet away from a snake never approach it.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
No Nutrients Listed.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Black Cohosh Syrup
1/2 to 1 tablespoon 3 times a day
Enhances the immune system.
Through tea or capsule form
Take 2 capsules every hour until symptoms are gone or drink a cup of yellow dock tea