Back to Disorder Library
Sprains, Strains, and Other Injuries of the Muscles and Joints
A strained muscle has experienced more stress than it can handle. Strains can swell up and be painful. They may also bring with them muscle spasms and knotting. Sprains occur when ligaments tear. Pain and swelling accompany a sprain.
- Make sure you are taking supplements for overall good health. If you are not taking these basic supplements, we recommend Enfuz from Vitabase. When you take a small packet of pills each day, you get all the basic nutrition you need. Each packet contains a multi-vitamin, CoQ10 (for heart health), Omega 3, Vitamin D-3, a probiotic, and a powerful set of antioxidants to help your body fight off disease.
- Aromatherapy compresses can help.
- Contact sports have a higher risk for joint and muscle injuries.
- See a doctor if your injury is painful and swollen.
- After injury apply a ice pack for no more than 20 minutes and only for the first couple of days. Do not apply heat.
- Call your doctor and go the emergency room if swelling is severe and to have your injury looked at. Have x-rays if injury is to the ankles and wrists for any broken bones.
- Drink plenty of juice made from vegetables for enzymes and vitamins.
- Stretch before exercising and other activities.
Helpful nutrients for this condition.
No Nutrients Listed.
Helpful herbs and supplements for this condition.
Feverfew and ginger
acts as an antioxidant and an anti-inflammatory.
Green Tea and Nettles
Relaxes tense muscles and reduces swelling.